Vanilla Walnut Pear Muffins

Along with my bag of free apples from the other day, came 3 frozen then thawed, slightly mushy pears.


There was a recipe in a cookbook of mine that I have wanted to try for a long time, but I never think to buy pears, so I have never tried it.

So with the help of these three pears, I made these:


Yes, they rose a lot more than I thought they would. The recipe said to fill the muffin cups 100% full....I filled them 3/4 full and still ended up with massive muffins!

How did they taste? Ok I suppose. I am not a big fan of pears, but they are nice and sweet, so I like them. Mon Amour likes them, though, in his words to me "They are not the best muffins you have ever made".

In summary, I am not rushing out to buy more pears so I can make these again. But if more free pears land in my lap, I think I will give it another try...and perhaps make a few adjustments to the recipe based on my own feeble knowledge of baking and what needed tweaking.

Note: These were not yummy enough tempt me to post the recipe. But, if you really like pears, and want the recipe, I am willing to share. Just let me know.

No comments: