Hi my name is...

I suppose an introduction is the place to start. I live on a farm (but am not a farmer) with my husband, and beagle puppy (Marge). How we came to live on a farm, or to be married, or to own a dog, are all stories for another time. The important parts of the story for the time being are, why am I blogging, and why "InDeeds"

I have started blogging for one simple reason: I have recently acquired a lot of spare time. Despite my full time jobs personally (as a wife and puppy-care-taker) and professionally (as an Event Manager), starting at the beginning of September, with my husbands re-entry into the world of academia, I find myself with many quite evenings with a paper-writing-husband, and sleeping dog, and clean house, and nothing to do. Hence the blog.


Why InDeeds? Well, you don't have to know me for very long to know that I get stuck on certain words or phrases. Some are passing phases; they may come and go with in a few weeks. One word that has stuck for an indescribably long time is the word "Indeed". It is so universally useful, that in a typical conversation I will use the word many many times. I use it so much, in fact, that a friend of mine has learned to see it coming, and will say it for me from time to time during our conversation. So my title choice thought process went something like this: "Well, I say it a lot. That counts for something. And, I shall be telling stories, making observations, and the like, and 'indeed' an appropriate response to pretty much any story. And on top of that, I will from time to time be writing about actual 'deeds' or actions. So...it just works".


That's all for now. Nothing worth writing home about I suppose. But hopefully it will get more interesting from here. Eventually I will post pictures...and perhaps even share the story behind why I have almost no pictures that were taken prior to October 08. But not now. For now - goodnight!

P.S. - Oh, and the picture at the top was taken at sunrise from my driveway.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very pretty picture!