Fire! (a.k.a Free Heat)

It has been a long process from start to finish. There were a few weeks of waiting on our landlord to clean the stove. A few days of denial that we would actually have to de-rust the stove ourselves. There were a few afternoons of me scrubbing the stove. There were some trips to the hardware store to buy the appropriate bolts. Then there was the move-in party. Then there were the rusty pipes that needed replacing. And the vents on the front that were stuck shut. Yeah, its been complicated. But finally....


Success!

And a video. Its not really interesting - but its kind of cozy:






It was a little smokey. Actually - a lot smokey. But I think the stove was drying out (I had previously soaked it in WD-40....so I guess a little smoke was to be expected). We are hoping next time their will be less smoke. If so - then we will have found a nearly-free and super-fun way to heat our small house.

1 comment:

Maura said...

I just found your blog from Sarah's! Welcome to the world of blogging! have fun! I'll send a link to ours!