The Birds

First of all. "The Birds" is a ridiculous movie. I saw it for the first time this summer (having previously been banned from seeing it cause it was just that scary. It was creepy at some points, disgusting at others. But when it ended....I was like...umm...no, sorry, that was lame.



However, on a couple occasions since moving to the farm I have had my own "The Birds" moments (without the being attacked bit). Usually it involves a very large flock of small black birds. They have a very high pitched chirp, and when their are thousands of them, it is really obnoxious. It drives Marge crazy!


Yesterday, however, "The Birds" were geese. White geese. Comfortably well over 1,000 of them. It was incredible! They are very skiddish, so its hard to get close and get a good picture. But here is the best I could do: (they are the white clump)

....perhaps this video will do the amazingness more justice.
Disclaimers - Its long, and I was on the phone so you will hear my voice at the begining...which I hate, and would remove except later you can actually hear the birds to, and I did not manage to hold the cmaera still...so forgive me if you experience any nausea. Despite all this I still think its pretty cool!


No comments: