A great way to start a Saturday...

This morning I got up (slept in till 7:45am - yay!) and stepped outside (taking the doggy out for her morning ritual) and was delighted to find on my door step this:

A cart full of wood that we can burn! Yay!

The best part is that on the way out the door, I thought to myself "Hmm...I think we are completely out of wood. (having burned the last piece just the day before) I guess we won't have a fire today. All day...in our small farm house...without being able to utilize its coolest feature. Lame."

But, happily, I was wrong. The fire has been blazing all day long. Thanks to the wonderful timing of the random gifts of wood from our landlord/lady (the timing, of course, having been orchestrated by God, who cares for even the "birds of the air" (Matthew 6:26) who taught us to pray for our "daily bread" (Matthew 6:11) who said not to "worry about tomorrow" (Matthew 6:34) and who delights to give "good gifts" to his children (Matthew 7:11) )

It was a great way to start the day.


1 comment:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Hehe hey! That verse was MY idea! :-) Thanks for sharing your cozy fire with me last week!