A First and Last

Some time ago I decided that perhaps I would try taking the dog for a walk with Papillon in our "umbrella stroller".
It sounded like a good idea...

...but it was by far one of the most ridiculous failures of my parenting career to date.

First, I think we have a poorly designed stroller cause I kept tripping over the back of it and the handles are waaaaay short. (it was from freecycle, so I can't complain too much)

Second, Marge was afraid of the stroller. That made things exciting.

Third, the streets around here are not stroller friendly. Thank heavens the straps on this stroller work otherwise poor Papillon would have landed on the pavement many a time. (Yes, I suppose this was partially due to my poor driving skills...but its really tough to drive a stroller over pot holes when your dog is freaking out and running circles around you)

I have never felt in so little control of the situation during an outing with my child. If any neighbors saw me, I am certain they were thinking very patronizing thoughts about my apparent failure to walk with my little family.

So that may be the first, and last, time that you see Papillon in that umbrella stroller. I am considering re-freecycling it cause its just not going to work for us.
Papillon will be riding in the sling until she can walk.
At least that is the plan right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll probably like that better anyway!

Beth Anne said...

this reminded me that I wanted to see if you guys wanted our pink umbrella stroller! We were cleaning out the garage and debating about giving it to Goodwill, but I wanted to check with you first. It is really simple and I didn't think it was too difficult to steer (hopefully an improvement over this one!). We're getting rid of it mostly because it is pink and Will is not going to be subject to every pink handmedown!

Inappropriate P said...

i had the same problem with unfriendly pavement and stroller outings yesterday! i walked with a neighbor and her daughter and they have this swell jogging stroller with three wheels. poor tommy bounced around like ace ventura in when nature calls. no matter how hard i tried he got all shook up. apparently jogging strollers are made to handle rough terrain or something like that. after yesterday, i'm sold!