April Groceries - Abridged

Last month was a fairly decent month for the grocery budget.

Actually, I got a LOT of really good deals on things. I don't feel like going through all the details, but I shall just share with you my last trip of the month. It was a little one, but well worth the trip!

Total Retail Cost of the above groceries: $35.76
Amount that I paid: $7.98

I had coupons for everything except the milk. And most of the items were actually free. The details go like this:
Milk: $3.50 (yes, I can get it for cheaper elsewhere, but it was a convenience thing)
Yogurt: 30 cents each
Cereal: 49 cents a box
Rice Snacks: Free
Sour Cream: Free
Bread: Free


The best part, they were out of one of the cereals that I had a coupon for....and I happened to be shopping with Mon Amour, and he was brave enough to ask if they had one in the back. They didn't, but they did have a bigger box (which was not on sale, and should have been must more expensive) and they told us they would honor the sale price for the bigger box. Yay!
The morale of that story: it never hurts to ask.

Overall, we ended up going over budget by about $2. But mostly because we were frivolous with the eating out. We ate dinner out once, breakfast out once, Mon Amour bought lunch instead of having left overs a couple times, etc.

But, considering all that, I am satisfied with our not-even-$2 overage.

1 comment:

Maura said...

You are so good! Wow! I need to learn from you!