Europe Trip Part 2: The Trip

The trip across the ocean was tolerable. It was hardly the experience I had 3 years ago when I flew British Airways, which is apparently THE way to go when crossing the Ocean. Delta has nice staff, but the plane was more cramped than your average plane, and we didn't have our own personal TVs - so you had to stare at the ceiling to see the TV, and then you had to watch what ever they happened to be playing. It was lame.

Our trip started in a lovely airport that had rocking chairs in some of the corridors. Good for killing some time, and the time needed killing cause our first flight was like 1.5 hours late taking off.


I am not particularly fond of flying; the (ever so small) possibility of dropping terrifies me. I don't ride roller coasters, because of all exhilarating sensations in this life, falling is my least favorite.
Our large plane that we flew to actually cross the ocean was not bad - but before we got on that one, we had to ride this tiny thing:


Mon Amour stopped to take pictures, but if I had stopped, I don't think I could have convinced my self to start walking again and get on that pint-sized thing.

But we did get onboard - where Mon Amour had to duck in order to stand in the aisle. It was cramped.


The flight was a mere 24 minutes long - literally, we got to cruising altitude, the seatbelt light turned off, and by the time one person unbuckled and went to stand up, the flight attendant asked her to sit back down cause we were landing.


We then boarded another plane, flew for 8.5 hours, and eventually landed in Milan.


Paulo the traveling gnome made it safely as well. We had safely arrived in the dirtiest, gloomiest airport I have ever seen.


No comments: