Hiatus

So, I feel this weird bond to my blog, such that I feel obligated to tell you A) why I have been kind of absent from blogging, and B) why I am going to continue to be absent. It is mostly the same reason:

We are LEAVING FOR EUROPE TOMORROW!

I am very excited.


In preparation, I have been working ridiculous hours, not from home which makes for a super long commute. Couple that with the fact that Mon Amour was wrapping up his ridiculous semester, so there
was much paper editting that needed doing. And poor Marge is love-deprived, so every spare moment I have been trying to love on her. Well, the semester is over, I am done with work for now, and Marge is at her favorite dog-siiters. Vacation here we come!!

So, I might blog while I am away....but I am not going to promise anything. So, don't hold your breath. There will be some sweet blog posts come the beginning of June though when normal life sets back in.

___________________

In other news that must be blogged about before this official hiatus sets in.
Mon Amour finished his semester - yay!

The first thing we do once all the papers are turned in is cut and paste all his papers into one document, double space them all, given them some standard margins, to assess exactly how much work he actually did.

The grand total for this semester:
346 pages.

Ack!
No wonder I never saw him this semester.
He should become a novelist or something.

In celebration, we went to the local convenience store (read: very expensive gas station with a mini mart) and splurged on this:



A pint of cotton candy ice cream, and our candy bars of choice (read: a TON of calories)

We ate all of it in one night.
It was amazing.
Sooooo much sugar.


The alternate option was wine.....I think that the surplus of sugar was a far superior choice to a surplus of wine.

______________________

Anyway, bye for now. I shall be back in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a WONDERFUL vacation and happy early birthday too!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

SuperP said...

hahaha I love the part about the ice cream. Did you drive into Galena to the Sunoco? That place is very expensive. YAY for Europe. Have fun, be safe. Take lots of pictures.