Regrets? Or just cool ideas?

At this wedding we attended, we got to talking about different kinds of weddings. The one we were at, of course, being very different than Mon Amour's and my own. (Ours was a picnic, no dancing, no cake cutting, just a good time. But more on that some other time)

I asked the question of Mon Amour and of myself, if we could do it over, and money was no object, would we do it differently?

Would I want the beautiful venue?

And the spectacular view? (despite the clouds)

The answer was decisively (overall) no.
Though a nice venue and beautiful view are quite nice, don't get me wrong.
We loved our wedding. It was wonderfully "us".


That said, there were some super cute ideas at this wedding that, were I to be presently planning a wedding, I would probably consider imitating.


Chocolate Favors
With custom made stickers on the bottom with a cute picture, your initials, and the date on them. Obviously they aren't going to last, but for the moment, tis very cute. And probably cheaper than having Hershey customize that little tab thing (which, I am told they can do)



This, was super cool!
A non-traditional "guest book"!
In this case, oars (remember the Nautical theme?) that you could sign with a permanent marker. Really, what are you going to do with a silly white fluffy traditional guest book? Nothing. Trust me. But at the same time, its really cool to have guests sign something so that you knew they were there. So why not have them sign something cool that you can display!


Something I would NOT recommended:
An "Ace of Cakes" groom's cake.
Is it really worth the $1,500 ++++++ (i.e. $1,500 is the bare minimum starting fee for one of these cakes. Trust me, I have gotten a quote. They are very pompous, very pricey, and ridiculous to work with.) to have a plastic-looking (though I guess it was real icing) replica of the groom's work truck as a grooms cake that never even got cut for eating?
I mean, seriously, how good would the cake have to be to make it worth that much money?


In summary, even at fancy weddings, cute economical short cuts are often the best way to go.

More later about some of the fun functions of our super sweet camera and how they came in handy at this wedding.



No comments: