Anniversary, Birthday, Babymoon

In light of the proximity of Papillon's expect arrival date to our (3rd!) anniversary, we decided to bump up our annual anniversary trip plans. We figured pre-baby was easier than post-baby, and, as luck would have it, our only free weekend fell on my birthday weekend. This resulted in a tri-purpose trip. Which was a wonderful excuse to splurge a bit.

This is Mon Amour's year to plan the trip, and boy do I have my work cut out for me for next year...cause he did an amazing job this year!

What do you think he planned?

To take me to Atlantic City for the weekend?
Well, yes but that wasn't the point.


To stay at a really nice hotel/resort while we were there?
We did that too. But again, not the point.

The highlight of the trip, which he did not tell me until we had already had fun at the beach, and relaxed in our beautiful hotel room, was this:
The Elizabeth Arden, Red Door Spa.
Let's just say it was near divine. I have been to a few nice spas before (one of my job's random perks), but this was hands down the best one. And no, I am not just saying that cause I am pregnant and needed a massage more than ever. Objectively, as an event planner who plans spa outings, it was an amazing spa.

Subjectively, as a pregnant lady with terrible sciatic nerve pain, it was just what I needed. Between the massage and then utilizing the hotel's pool (swimming while pregnant is glorious by the way...I didn't realize how heavy these extra 30 pounds were until I got in the water and they seemed to disappear) my sciatic nerve pain has all but completely gone away. I am limp-free again!

It was a beautiful weekend.

4 comments:

Beth Anne said...

Oooo that's sounds awesome. I've heard pregnancy
massages are divine but I have yet to experince one!

Ashley said...

I won a gift card to that spa and am so excited to use it! And I'm looking forward to seeing you next week for the shower :)

Adrian and Meredith said...

Yes, swimming while pregnant was pretty much my favorite thing to do... even when I was only a few months along. I can only imagine how great it would have felt at the end.

Happy Belated Birthday/Early Anniversary!

John D. said...

Go Jacob! I'm taking notes