Baby Shower #1

A number of weeks ago (ok, a lot of weeks ago) I had my first (and only, as far as I knew...more on that later) baby shower. It was hosted by my wonderful boss (with the help of my coworkers), and I had a delightful time!

We played the classic guess-how-big-my-belly-is game. Everyone thought I was much bigger than I actually am. The person who won had a bit of an advantage - she is also pregnant, just 4 weeks behind me.


Papillon got lots of adorable clothes! This particular one is one of my favorites, I am sure there will be pictures of her in it this summer :-)

It was such fun to see everyone who came. It is so fun to use Papillon as an excuse to hang out with fun folks. A few that I am related too (or at least might as well be):


And some really fabulous friends, including these fun girls - we don't see each other as much as we did back when we first became a trio, but we still manage to cross paths and have fun together like nothing ever changed.

Many thanks to those who came out for the shower (despite the literal "shower" aka torrential down pour, that happened right as the party started); it was a grand time!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, this was the shower that included this cake. It was a book themed shower, hence the "Kipper's Toy Box" cake. Everyone brought their favorite kids book to the shower, and got Papillon's library started off right, with classics like Madeline, and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

1 comment:

Ten Page said...

I love the dress you wore that day! Definitely hang onto it for Papillon's siblings :) Hope to see you around Bmore soon!