A Quaint B&B

On our trip back to visit friends a couple of weeks ago, we got to stay at a brand new Bed and Breakfast, owned and operated by some very good friends of ours. It had officially opened just shortly before we moved, and they told us we could come any time - so we took them up on that offer.

I knew it would be a pleasant experience (how could it not be with such pleasant inn keepers!) but I have to say it went waaaay beyond what I expected.

Here is the house:

Isn't it adorable!

Look at the amazing sign out front.


And to make this shameless plug even more obvious - here is a link to their website!

Every detail was special; not a single aspect of the stay is an after thought. From the homemade ice cream served upon arrival, to the snacks in the room, to the amazing California King (aka HUGE!) bed with tons of pillows, to the fine china breakfast, to the muffins to take with you, to this little shampoos and soaps - everything was phenomenal.

Our room had a quaint little sitting area.


And a comfy corner chair.


I didn't take a picture of the bed, because I think I fell right into bed as soon as we got there, so the sheets were all messed up by the time I got the camera out.

It being a Sunday morning that we were there, we got the abridged version of breakfast, for which our lovely hostess apologized profusely. But I am not sure why she was apologizing, I can still remember the amazingness of the chip-beef gravy. I always thought people ate chip beef gravy because it we are trained to assume that all "gravies" are delicious - so this tasteless white mush must also be delicious. I was wrong, chip beef gravy done right is heavenly. Combined with the yummy toast, served with fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade granola and muffins....I think we were glad we did not get the full out breakfast, we might have exploded with tastiness (and yes, I am still pregnant, and can eat a LOT).

So, if you need a weekend get away, I highly recommend this B&B. You would spend twice the price at another B&B and have half as fabulous an experience.

No comments: