Baby Shower #2

Ever since we moved, Mon Amour and I knew that we would need to pick a date to return to previous life, in order to catch up with friends before Papillon arrived. We knew if we didn't schedule a date pretty far in advance, we would lose track of time and may very well not get in a visit before our lives changed. So, shortly after we moved, we picked a date well in advance, and made it non-negotiable on the calendar.

What I didn't know is that at about that same time, plans started rolling for something more fun than simply catching up with friends. The night before we were leaving for the weekend, we were picking out clothes (a process made slightly more complicated by this ever growing belly), and the process became oddly complicated. Mon Amour picked out his clothes, no problem. But when I told him I was going to wear shorts and a tshirt for Saturday, Mon Amour was oddly opposed. I know that Mon Amour appreciates it when I put some thought into my clothes, but when he suggested I wear a dress both Saturday and Sunday, I was very perplexed and opposed. In my mind, shorts would have been more practical, since we were going to be running all over town and visiting folks with kids, which inevitable involves sitting on the floor, etc. But he was insistent; eventually we compromised, and he agreed to shorts, if I agreed to do my hair.

When we arrived at our first destination, I realized what all the fuss was about...


...my wonderful, wonderful friends had planned me a surprise shower! Apparently it had been in the works for months! Mon Amour (and of course my other friends) are fantastic secret keepers. I had no idea.

Everything was picture perfect!

It was such fun to see a bunch of friends that I hadn't been expecting to see!

No shower is complete without a fun belly shot. I am pretty sure this is the day Papillon dropped (or at least started to drop) - so I think she looks smaller than she did at one point (in my opinion). And despite what my friend thinks, she does still look significantly smaller than me, a perfectly acceptable (and adorable) belly for being a mere 3 months behind me and it being her 2nd, and my 1st.

Thanks to everyone for the lovely surprise! I had an absolutely amazing time and am blessed to have such thoughtful and generous friends!

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

I'm so glad that we were able to surprise you! and the belly picture is great!