Mother's Day and a Birthday

My Birthday and Mother's Day always end up pretty close. This year, Mon Amour was out of the country for both. :-(  But thanks to my amazing friends and family, it was a lovely season of celebrations.  I feel oddly old when I say this - but it was probably my best Birthday yet! 

It also made me feel old when my mom opted to only put one candle on my cake - since 27 candles was a little excessive. Only 1 year olds and old folks have just 1 candle on their cake! Haha.  My church small group remedied the situation and actually put 27 candles on a pan of brownies they had made for me. 

Celebrations from that week included....


...dinner and Maple Cake with Cream Cheese frosting at a friends' house!  Papillon and friends helped with the sprinkles.

IMG_0574

My caking making friend adding the chocolate lettering - under close supervision!
IMG_0568

....a celebration (of Mother's Day and my Birthday) with my family. Nana, Hibou, Aunt Mimi, Nannie, Me, Papillon.
IMG_0564

1 Candle. And tasty cheesecakes.
IMG_0562

The Saturday before Mother's Day (Hibou having been newly weaned - huzzah!) I dropped the girls off with my parents to spend the night and give me some time all by myself!  But first we had some Popsicles.
IMG_0549

And played some games with Nannie.
IMG_0546

Between the time off from the kiddos, the cheesecake, maple cake and brownies, the birthday singing (x3!), and all kinds of texts, voicemails, and FB messages, it was a fabulous, fabulous birthday/Mother's Day.

No comments: