Down-Grading

Have I ever told you how much I love my shower curtain?
Let me show you:

My beautiful shower curtain was one of my favorite wedding registry items. I am kind of wishy washy when it comes to decorating my house, but when I saw this curtain, I knew, without a doubt, that this would be the inspiration for my bathroom.

The brown, the tan, the various blues and the circles. It was perfect.
Our towels are blue and brown and beautiful

I had plans for pain on the walls to match the colors. It was going to be gorgeous.

Unfortunately it was not to be.

Between the water damage in our little bathroom and my own procrastination, this bathroom is not going to be painted. And it was very evident that this shower curtain was not going to make it to the next house. It was ripping at the top...

...and molding at the bottom.

Mon Amour and I were just hoping that it would do the trick long enough that we could just pitch it when we moved and start afresh. However, this curtain was in bad shape and I was stretching the limits of my tolerance for gimpy-ness.
The original holes from which you hang the curtain had ripped, and so had the ones I had punched in the curtain a little bit lower. That's when you know your curtain has outlived its day.

So we caved in and got a new one.
However, since its going to be some time before we can move somewhere where we can actually decorate the bathroom, we didn't feel like spending a lot of money on this new curtain.

The cheap options at Wal Mart were oddly limited.
We ended up with this one.

It's blue and it was cheap. That's why we picked it.

But it makes me sad every time I think of it. Not because I don't like it (though I wouldn't call it beautiful and the clear part at the top is oddly unnerving) but because I liked my old one so much. It's distinctly possible when we move and I can decorate my bathroom, I will go out and buy the exact same shower curtain that I just threw in the dumpster.

1 comment:

Miriam Rachael said...

so tragic. you should move just because of that.