A much less lame shopping trip

This past week at my favorite grocery store, there were some really amazing sales. Normally this would have been a week when shopping would have gone by the way side - I didn't get the circulars, I was rather busy, and we weren't particularly low on food.

However, this week, the deals could not be passed up.
So I stopped by the store to pick up a circular (looking at the add online is just not the same)
And I printed off / clipped lots of coupons
I made a list, I rewrote it a couple times to make sure that I knew exactly what my bill should be after all the money saving dust had settled (I find calculating this ahead of time saves me the stress of reading the whole receipt at the end to make sure everything was the price it was supposed to be .

Off to the store I went (with my super-helpful husband in tote)

This is what we came home with.
(You may want to click on the picture to enlarge it - there are fun details included on the picture)

I always get a little anxious about a trip like this where I am combining sales with instant rebates with coupons. Something is pretty much destined to be out of stock, or not on sale like it is supposed to be, and I either have to talk to a manager, or revise my list on the spot, and it never goes as well as I would hope.

However, this trip, I cannot complain. Only two things went "wrong":

First, they were out of the Quaker Bars (which I kind of thought they would be) - so I got a rain check, which I wasn't sure would work since sometimes at-register-discounts don't work with rain checks, but the manager told me it would work. But, turns out it didn't matter, because Mon Amour went to the store for me the next day - and they were restocked! Score!

Second, there were two types of pasta on sale - Healthy Harvest, and Smart Taste. Most of my coupons were for Smart Taste, but one coupon was for Healthy Harvest. And I got all Smart Taste. So that coupon didn't work. I could have asked if I could switch out the pastas and saved that extra $1; but I figured the cashier would hate me, so I decided it wasn't worth it.

All in all, I was quite pleased with the shopping trip! Actually, I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this shopping trip. I am waaay to addicted to grocery shopping.

Side note: I do know that a lot of this food is overly processed (*cough* Hamburger Helper *cough*) or unnecessary (*cough* cake mix and soda *cough*) but I don't think it will kill us, and it was ubber cheap, and I can guarantee we will enjoy eating it :-)

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Looks like there was some savings in there - actually a lot - that covered the 15% on the beautiful wool coat - nice job!