Traveled many a mile

This was my speedometer a couple weeks ago.
It reads 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8. I was pretty pleased with myself for setting up that moment. I was trying to get the 9 in there too. But I wasn't thinking 78 miles in advance, so there was no hope for that. My speedometer is now way up at like 126K miles, and I am kind of proud of it. My car that is. I still think of my car as fairly new (it's a 2003 which is the newest car I have ever owned), so whenever something goes wrong with it, I get upset that it would have such trouble early on. But then my car hit 125K miles. And suddenly it occurred to me that my car is not new. It has a ton of miles on it. If it dies soon, it will have lived a fairly decent life. That said, I would like it to last for at least another year or two, but if it doesn't I guess I can't complain; we've traveled many miles together.

2 comments:

Beth Anne said...

lol wow that was some planning! I remember taking a picture when mine hit 111,111...how many miles have you put on it since you bought it?

Thomas said...

Cars always share a special place in our hearts!