2 Weeks

Yesterday marked 2 weeks old for little Papillon.
She is still a champion sleeper.

Though she is also a champion crier now too. When she is awake and not eating, she mostly fusses. That's what babies do I suppose. A typical day looks like this:

6am - 10/11am: 2 or 3 breakfasts with moderately fussy awake time inbetween.

11am - 2:30pm: Totally zonked. Waking her at 2:30pm is a chore.

2:30pm - 10:00pm. Awake, and largely fussy unless eating or being held by daddy. (If I hold her, she fusses cause she figures she is so close, she may as well be eating.)

10pm - 6am: Asleep, with 1 midnight sleep-eating session.


Its still a pretty good "schedule" (I use the term in the loosely since things are still too fluid to really be a schedule), and with 2 weeks gone by already, I have been reminding myself to enjoy even the fussy times, cause they won't last forever, and one day in retrospect I am sure I will miss these beautiful times.

In other news, I have been amaze how quickly my body has gone back to "normal". At 2 weeks post-partum, I have lost 27 lbs. A mere 15lbs to before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Obviously the last 15 are going to be harder than the first 27, but I am quite pleased with the progress so far. Its actually almost odd; I had gotten so used to being pregnant, its almost feels weird to be "skinny" again.


Mon Amour goes back to work tomorrow. Its been awesome to have him around though it will be good to work on establishing a new routine. I feel totally capable of handling Papillon on my own while he is at work, the hard part is going to be wrapping my mind around the fact that Papillon is my job now. I think in my mind with Mon Amour returning to work that I should return to some kind of non-baby work. That my productivity will return to "normal" and that I will be able to get ridiculous amounts of stuff done in a day.

But that is not going to happen, and I suspect for a while I will feel like I do nothing all day long - cause cuddling a fussy baby doesn't feel productive, nursing doesn't feel productive, napping when baby naps doesn't feel productive. And its going to be a hard mental shift for me to count those things as legitimate productivity. People do not lie when they say mothering is a full time job. I just need to wrap my mind around the fact that my to do list no longer involves writing contracts and calling vendors. At the top of my priority list every day now I now put "nurse x8(ish)". And on a day when I do that, get a nap, eat enough to not feel faint, and make dinner, I need to remind myself that that was a productive day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

as someone once so wisely said, how can one possibly make the day more productive than sustaining life. but, yes, what a mind shift. love you.