Waking up is hard work

Let me preface this post with the statement that I am NOT complaining. I love that Papillon is an excellent sleeper. Mon Amour and I have been blessed with a very easy baby so far, and I have a huge amount of respect for parents with more difficult children, because even though I can call Papillon nothing but "remarkably easy going", caring for her is still a ton of work. So, many kudos to all the parents out there whose babies don't sleep like this.

Anyway. Forgive the poor lighting in these pictures. The following is a little glimpse of what Papillon does every night when I try and get her to wake up to eat.

A grimace at first nudge.

I proceed to tell her its time to get up and attempt to wake her by kissing her sweet cheeks.
All is futile and with a little lip smack and a sigh as she returns soundly to Lala Land.


I then move on from my sweet attempts to wake her to something more determined.
Time to take off the swaddle and make things a bit chilly.

That elicits a response. One face of disgust from Papillon.

But she is quickly over it, and decides that sleeping sprawled out is just as fun as sleeping swaddled.

No such luck waking her up. But Papillon needs to eat...for my sake mostly!
Eventually she obliges, but it typically takes a good 20 minutes, and a little cold water to get her eyes to open. These nighttime feedings would take a lot less time if she wasn't such an awesome sleeper.

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

you had the foresight to bring your camera to take pictures in the middle of the night? haha you are getting too much sleep! But seriously, keep enjoying it!