1st Ever Women's Retreat

This is a little out of order, but oh well.  At the end of last month, I attended my first ever, Women's Retreat. In the past the idea of a Women's Retreat kinda scared me...it just sounded like waaaay too many women in one place. (I worked with all women...drama!) But recent life events, and a LOT of encouragement from friends convinced me to attend my church's Women's Retreat this year. I am very glad that I went!

We stayed at a very cool little retreat center of sorts.
IMG_5603

I tried to wean Hibou before the retreat, but she wasn't having any of it. So she came with me.  She did a great job all weekend!

Eating bananas during the talks.
IMG_5598


Enjoying lunch with all her new friends. Hibou definitely loves people. She was happy all weekend long, as long as there were people around.
IMG_5594


She makes friends very easily.
IMG_5585

More snacks during the talks. She distracted a few folks with her smiles and exploring, but generally did a great job.
IMG_5579

The take away lesson from my 1st Ever Women's Retreat was that the teaching may be fine, the food may be mediocre, and I probably could have done with out the newspaper dress making ice breaker (it was fun...just not my cup of tea)...
IMG_5578
...but the reason to go is for the people. Uninterrupted, dedicated  fellowship and relationship building time.  That was the best part and I am very glad that I went.

No comments: