The Marathon

Recently, Papillon and I ventured into the great depths of this city that we live in to watch its 10th Annual Marathon. Or, technically, we were there for the 1/2 Marathon.

We got up super early (5:30am. Yikes) in order to get downtown before they started shutting down roads. We met up with some friends - he was running the 1/2 marathon, and she was joining Papillon and I in watching. And after some yummy breakfast, we headed out into the crowds.

Here we are surveying the crowds trying to pick out a familiar face.

I had no idea this marathon was going to be so huge. I was told afterwards that there were about 22,000 runners, plus all the people just watching. Definitively the biggest event I have ever been to.


It was like Where's Waldo trying to find our friend. But he is in this photo:

Look at the masses of people! And this is just a section of 1/5th of the 1/2 Marathoners!!

Papillon was a trooper the whole day. She slept alot, and also enjoyed watching people go past.

At the end of the race it took us 45 minutes to connect with our runner friend. It felt like a long time, but honestly, it was miraculous we found him that fast. I have never seen so many people in one place in all my life!

Fortunately, Papillon seized those 45 minutes to take a good, solid, adorable nap:

I am very glad we were able to be there for the Marathon, and hopefully we can go again next year!

No comments: