Mom and Daughter Outing

Last week our local zoo was offering free admittance for one day only, in honor of a city wide "Free Fall" event. Not liking to pass up on anything free, I was determined to find some folks to go with me and Papillon.

When a facebook invitation yielded no results, I was rather distressed that we would be going it alone. But at the last minute, I found a friend to invite, and she in turn, invited 2 other friends.
So, off we went, one fine fall day, 4 moms and 4 daughters exploring the zoo.

There were crazy birds......giraffes...

...rhinos and more.


Papillon is ever the skeptic about such outings.

Especially when she has to ride in the stoller...and all she can see is me. Really, she says, what is the point and where is my sling?

She was eventually won over.

I am very much looking forward to next year when Papillon will be able to walk around the zoo and actually appreciate the animals! It will be such fun.

2 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Dude! I totally would have come! Lyndon might actually be old enough to appreciate it now!

Eliz. K said...

how fun!

and I have loveeed painting the jack-o-lantern bread faces; such a fun part of working at GH :-D the little ones are particularly cute!