Wardrobe - First Additions

New additions to the wardrobe are already coming in! Time to blog about them before I get too far behind.

First Trip: Kohls.
Armed with one of those $10 off any purchase coupons, and aiming for the clearance racks (LOVE Kohls clearance), I got 3 shirts (brown, white and fuscia) for $4.51.
Retail Value: $62.26

Second Trip: A Different Kohls.
Again, I had one of those $10 off any purchase coupons. This time my primary goal was to get some baby clothes for a gift for a friend. But when those didn't quite come to $10, and their leggings were on sale, I had to get myself a pair.
Total for the leggings (and the baby clothes, not pictured): $6.38
Retail Value (including baby clothes): $76.37

Having run fresh out of $10 off coupons for Kohls, my next trip led me to Goodwill.

Goodwill trip #1:
1 Trench Coat.
1 black and white jacket (with a crazy collar. Its bold, but Mon Amour tells me I can pull it off)
2 tops.
Total Cost: $21.20
I was excited that the Trench Coat rang up as a "jacket" for $5.75, rather than a "coat" for $15. Though I would gladly have paid $15 for it.

Goodwill Trip #2 (A different Goodwill)
An awesome red dress!
A green half-sweater thing.
A denim skirt.
Total Cost: $16.96


In summary, so far I have purchased 11 new pieces, at spent a total of $49.05.
That averages out to about $4.45 per item.

I already feel worlds better about my clothing options - I have very nearly doubled the number of tops that I own - and I still have $441.95 to spend. However, I have yet to buy some of the necessities on my list (nursing camis, shoes, etc) which I suspect will quickly take my per piece average way up.

For now though, a very exciting start!

2 comments:

The Blakeys said...

I absolutely love a good bargain. Bryan thinks I must get some sort of dopamine rush when I find a great deal. (Yesterday at Old Navy, I bought myself a pretty dress and Chloe a pair of baby shorts for $6. Love it.) Our Old Navy has great clearance most of time, and periodically they do an extra 30 to 50% off. So check there!
And nursing camis. So important to have. I read tons of reviews, and finally bought a Target one for $17, which I love. But then I realized I really needed more than one. WalMart.com has two for $20, and I can't tell that they are any different than the Target one.
Happy Shopping!

SuperP said...

I love the black and white crazy collar jacket. It is very cute. Good luck with the rest of your shopping!