Wall Art

You may recall me mentioning that I had a somewhat larger home-decorating-project in the works.
Well, good news! It didn't take me as long as I thought to find time to finish the project. What was the project, you ask? Well, you see, we have this very large wall:


It needed something.
It needed to be cheap.
And it needed to be simple.

Voila:

Sweet wall art.


Our home's previous owners left us a lot of random stuff, including 3 and a half window cornice kits. We had kept them thinking maybe we could find a use for them (I wasn't super inspired to use them on our windows, but we hadn't ruled out the possibility). As we were assessing options for our vast empty wall, we remembered these glorious cornice things and quickly agreed that it was time to try our hand at some abstract art.

One trip to Joann Fabrics later (note: don't go to Joanns on a Saturday evening, the place can be packed. Yikes!) we had our fabric (a glorious 50% off). And the next weekend I tackled the actual fastening of the fabric to the cornices. (another note: its not as easy as the kit makes it sound)

We then tried our hand at screwing them into the wall and despite our infuriatingly hard plaster walls and the fact that neither Mon Amour nor myself are remotely handy, we managed to hang them equidistant apart and relatively level.

The white ribbon was the final touch, used to cover the clear plastic strip that snaps the fabric into place. We had exactly the right amount of ribbon (left over from our wedding...3.5 years ago...) to cover everything. How providential!

We were quite pleased with the end result.
What do you think? Do you like it?

(A Final Note: Don't be too honest. Plaster walls are aggravating and I am not sure we could get the screws out without massive wall damage. Therefore these are not going anywhere anytime soon so, saying you don't like them will only make me sad. Just kidding; go ahead and tell me you hate them. I can take it. And they still aren't coming down)

No comments: