Foreign Adventures

Last week, Mon Amour returned from a business trip to India.
I love that Mon Amour's job takes him on fun adventures like this. (and I think he likes that fact too).


Since it was a business trip, most of his trip looked something like this:

Sitting in on trainings and what not.

But over the weekend, he and his colleague were able to take a day trip to the Taj Mahal (You really can't go to India without seeing the Taj).


Mon Amour tells me that the pictures don't do it justice and that it really is pretty intensely amazing.

The women's clothes are also fantastic! Look at those colors!

Mon Amour got Papillon a legit Sauri. It won't fit her for a while, so you will have to wait a bit for the cuteness (don't hold your breath, it will probably be like a year...), but trust me, it will be cute.

I really have no desire to visit India. The crowds, cows in the road, and general mayhem scares me, so I was more than happy to stay home. But, I have to say, pictures of the Red Fort (a massive red fortress just a couple miles from the Taj Mahal) made me consider changing my mind. This place looks AMAZING!

The pictures Mon Amour took of the Taj were pretty sweet, but the pictures from the Red Fort were mind boggling! And apparently its a huge labyrinth of awesomeness. Look at this sweet inlay stuff:


So yes, Mon Amour had some grand adventures. And maybe someday if I get over my fear of crowds (and somehow save up enough money for that 14 hour plane trip...) he and I can go on such a grand adventure together. Maybe. Someday.

For now though, Mon Amour will travel and Papillon and I will have fun adventures at home. Sounds like a good deal to me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I went to India on a missions trip when I was 15. So I loved seeing these pictures - so familiar! We went to the Red Fort and the Taj Mahal at the end of our trip and were properly awed, as you describe. I have a couple pieces of carved marble - inlaid like the picture from the Red Fort. I bought them at the Taj I think. Anyway, I hope you get to go there some day!