A Typical Day

Today was a pretty typical day for Papillon and myself. No particular plans, just hanging out, working, playing, etc. So I thought I would just post a little outline of a typical outing-free day for us these days. Enjoy!

7am - I get up, get Marge up and get organized for the day

Between 7:30 and 8:30am - Papillon gets up. She is always excited when she wakes up, and always ravenous! So every morning starts with a little nursing.

After that it's time for breakfast. Usually some fruit/yogurt and some cheerios.

Then it's house chores time. Papillon plays (i.e. spreads her toys all over the living room) while I get some stuff done around the house.

Usually by 9:30 or 10am Papillon is ready for Nap #1. We read a story and down she goes, sound asleep. Nap 1 averages just over an hour, during which time I do some computer-working and that kind of thing.

11 or 11:30am and Papillon is back up and ready for nursing, followed by lunch! Here she is enjoying some lunch. She eats like a ravenous beast and is not afraid to tell me when she is still hungry.



After lunch today, we went for a walk. We walk for the sake of Marge's sanity - exercise does her a world of good. And Papillon and I enjoy getting a little sunshine.




By 1 or 2pm Papillon is ready for Nap #2. Nap #2 tends to be a smidge shorter - usually not any more than an hour. Again, I use nap time for administrative computer things (which Papillon finds boring).

In the afternoon Papillon is up again and ready to play. Sometimes these days she likes to stand while holding on to something and play that way. Sometimes she likes to scootch backwards around the room. But typically she is pretty content just to sit and play.



Depending on the timing and length of nap #2, a 3rd nap is sometimes in order. When that happens, it usually starts around 5pm. Which is perfect because it allows me to get dinner ready.

Mon Amour arrives home at about the time Papillon gets up from nap #3. And then its time for dinner! And yes, Papillon is just as hungry for dinner as she is for breakfast and lunch.

After dinner, there is time to clean up, give Papillon a bath, and then its time for books and bed! Papillon goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8pm. Leaving a nice cushion of time to straighten the house for the night and sometimes even relax and unwind a bit before bed!

As much as I love our adventurous days filled with fun outings and good friends, I really really love our days at home. I am so blessed to be able to work from home so that I can spend every day with my baby

No comments: