While Dad was gone

While Mon Amour was out of the country, Papillon and I did a bit of traveling ourselves. Local traveling, but traveling nontheless. We had grand plans to visit all kinds of friends, but I got hit with a nasty flu bug midway through the adventures and we had to cut out some of the fun :-(

In light of my illness, we found ourselves at my parents house a lot (nothing beats being around your mom when you are sick). And Papillon had lots of fun playing with her Nannie and Grandpa.

Here she is playing with some toys while waiting eagerly for some lunch.


Ok, enough cute smiles, she says. Where's my lunch?

My mom blew some bubbles at Papillon, which she thought was hilarious. And of course, the lots of interesting toys was delightful as well.

In the evenings, it was time for chilling with Grandpa. Grandpa and Papillon share a bedtime, only Grandpa gets up at 2am (he's a baker) and Papillon sleeps in until almost 7am.


We had lots of fun times while Mon Amour was gone, but we really did miss him. I was so thankful to have friends and family to visit with while he was gone. I don't know how single moms, or moms whose husbands are gone a lot do it!
It's not that I couldn't feed Papillon, play with her, and put to bed by myself; technically I can do that. But, goodness! are the days ever long when there is no one new in your day to break it up. Just knowing we would have someone else at the dinner table other than Papillon and myself was fantastic! The few nights we did dinner alone felt like one slow plodding towards bedtime and I realized how much I take having my husband around for granted.
So yes, while Mon Amour was gone, I learned to be even more grateful for him. And to you moms who find yourselves dining with just your kids many evenings on end, my hats off to you. I don't know how you do it, but keep up the good work!

No comments: