Standing Adventures

Even though Papillon doesn't really ever roll over, nor does she crawl (though she is becoming a scootching machine!), this little girl of mine loves to practice her standing.

I propped her up on one of her toys recently and she just stood and stood and stood.


And clearly she thought it was the best thing ever!

She tried to tell Marge how fun it was.

Marge was not interested, but Papillon pulled out a crazy face of delight!

And then....


One hand came loose...

And bonk!
Down she fell. Straight as a stick too. She is usually pretty good at falling on her but and then falling backwards, but not this time. It was timber and flat on her back for this one.

Marge was now very intrigued. She is wonderfully protective.
(Side Note: Nobody fret, I only kept taking pictures because Papillon wasn't crying and she was clearly fine. Our carpet is pretty cushy, so no damage was done)

Marge knows that kisses always make things better. So she gave Papillon a few slobbery ones right on the face. Papillon concluded that this was worse than falling over.

Once I rescued her from Marge's love, Papillon decided she just wanted to chill on the floor for a while. All that standing can be exhausting...and dangerous.

"Clearly," Papillon says, "this is why I am not rolling over/crawling/walking yet, Mom. It is much must too adventurous. I prefer to just lay here and stare at my hand".

1 comment:

Ten Page said...

I see that P. and I have the same attitude toward doggie kisses! Looking forward to seeing you both on Monday and observing P's skillz :)