Bargain - Cookware

This is a different kind of bargain than yesterdays. It is not the wow-look-out-little-I-paid-for-this kind of deal. But more the now-this-is-a-stellar-long-lasting-investment-item kind of a deal. Its not always about the cheapest price - but about the best value.

Let me give you some back story. When Mon Amour and I were engaged and were creating out wedding registry, we kind of ignore the advice to register for super high quality stuff! Having never managed my own home before, I didn't really appreciate the difference between a $100 pot set, and a $100 pot. :-) So I got a nice, generic brand set of pots and things. And they have served me well...or at least they did for like a year.

Since that time, I am pretty sure Mon Amour and I have consumed more non-stick toxins, and left more permanent residues on our pots and pans then I like to think about. The major culprit was my skillet. Which I use for just about everything. Literally, I must use it at least 4 or 5 times a week. It was getting really gross. It was time to upgrade.

Well, as providence would have it, there was some extra space in our budget this month, and Mon Amour gave his blessing to "splurging" on a new, high-quality skillet.

After much research, I found the one I wanted at Williams Sonoma. So the next time I was in town, I picked it up. I didn't know it was possible to gush over a pan. But it is - every one in the store was oooing and aaahing over it! Either said it was the best pan they ever owned, or said it was the one they dreamed of owning. (Online reviews say pretty much the same thing)

And now, I own one....of these:



Brand new, fresh out of the box:

Soooo shiny!

When it sits on the stove Marge can see her reflection in it - she hates it. Tail between her legs, fleeing to the other room kind of hates it. Hopefully she will warm up to it.
Also, I feel like my little stove looks kind of inferior compared to my sweet new pan.



The inside has nice rounded edges and is very deep!


I am in love.


The one complaint about this pan that I have heard is that "after 10 years of steady use, it begins to show some wear". Call me nearsighted, but I'll take a mere 10 years of this beautesouness any day! And 10 years of high quality at a higher price, beats 1-2 years of poor quality at a lesser price in my book!

Oh, and it was on sale. Still expensive. But definitely on sale. I haven't gone that crazy.

2 comments:

Eliz. K said...

"hope she warms up to it" --haha :-)

it's beautiful! glad I got to be part of this adventure!!

SuperP said...

I heard that there was an adventure to find a new pot. I'm glad you like it. It is very shiny and new looking. I do hope Marge grows to like it.