Bargains - Clothes

I love a good deal! Two days in a row last week, I made puchases that I consider to be GREAT deals! Allow me to tell you about them.

The first deal was of the Goodwill variety. Usually I don't have much luck at Goodwill. I get impatient wading through hundreds of super lame articles of clothing, to find one minute possibility that usually ends up not fitting, having a stain, or just being an all around dud. I have gotten a few things that I like - but mostly I liked it enough to pay the severely discounted price. I don't think I have ever bought something at Goodwill that I would have been okay with paying full price for.

Until the other day.

After perhaps a mere 15 minutes of searching, I had found 6 items I wanted to try on. Off to the dressing room I went, with expectations higher than usual, but still pretty low.

And that's when I tried on THE JEANS! Make that, the jeans of my dreams! They are amazingly comfortable, correct size, long enough for my legs, dark denim, Express brand jeans! for $3.50! Ever since I was given a pair of White House Black Market jeans, I have decided that jeans are one of those things that you can pay top dollar for. There is a huge difference between cheap jeans, and good jeans. Except in this case - in which these really excellent jeans were really cheap!

After that I tried on a pair of corduroy pants - which were also amazing! Perhaps not quite as life changing as the jeans. But I was totally sold. Up until this point, I owned one pair of cords, which I think I bought early in highschool some time, which I definitely shouldn't have still been wearing. But the only other cords I had found that I liked cost like $85 and I wasn't about to pay that much. But these were nearly perfect - my size and talls, correct color, soft cords, not too warn looking, Old Navy brand cords. Also $3.50

All in all - this is what I got:
Cords, three wonderfully comfy and practical shirts, and amazing jeans.

Oh....and these:

Super fabulous, slightly worn out, green flats!

Total cost for everything - $21.

I have never been so pleased with a Goodwill trip! I would gladly have paid twice that amount for the jeans alone because they are so comfy and practically new!



1 comment:

Thomas said...

Great post - truly, you are an amazing shopper! And for you to find talls - wow! I love the new shoes!