Peaches

This past weekend I went to an orchard.....


With my lovely sister...



to pick peaches.....


We picked 17 lbs of peaches.
Which doesn't look like that many in the picture below. But trust me. Its a LOT of peaches.

In order to make sure none of these yummy peaches go bad, I have been doing fun things with them. Like making jam.


When I made it, the peaches had definitely hit prime juicy-ness! The juice you see in the bowl is just plain old yummy peach juice goodness. No water or anything added.

Then of course, I added some sugar.


And boiled and boiled and boiled....



Until I ended up with this....



The rest of the peaches have made for yummy breakfasts, yummy snacks and yummy desserts. And I have frozen a few bags of peach pieces for later yummy-ness. And I still have lots of peaches left....maybe its time for pie....

2 comments:

MeMe said...

I have a really good peach cobbler recipe if you'd like to have it.

Eliz. K said...

yess!! jam is going to be my next post as well! so much fun! loveee peaches