Deceptive

Last weekend Mon Amour and I spent some time in my favorite hometown with some family doing some sightseeing. Since we were doing the toursity thing, we had to browse the post cards, and we found this one:


Its a good thing we are locals, otherwise we would have been deceived on any number of points. The most minor offense is that the scale is obviously way off. Centreville is not that far north, Annapolis is not that far east, etc. But that can be forgiven, its just a post card after all.

But wait - that's not how you spell "Centerville". Its "CentREville". Trust me. I lived there.

Also, what is this mysterious town called "Helkton"? (top of the map) I am not familiar with the town of "Helkton".

Poor tourists who buy this postcard. They will be so deceived.

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

lol - maybe Elkton??