The End of the Toaster

This is our toaster:Let us have a moment of silence for our toaster because today, it toasted its last piece of toast.

Yes, folks, I am sorry to say, our nameless toaster has died.

Here's how it happened.
I made toast for Mon Amour.
Then I stuck my toast in and pushed the little lever down. About 30 seconds later, it popped back up. It does this from time to time. It likes to pretend that toast is done, even when its barely warm.
So I popped it back down again. It wouldn't stay. The little lever refused to stay down, which means the heat won't come on, which means no toasting is achieved.


I was very disappointed. I tried not to get too depressed, and I proceeded to give it a good cleaning. Took out the crumbs, fiddled with the lever, unplugged it, and plugged it back in

Toast in. Lever down. Nope. Lever comes right back up.

"Fine" I think - I will just hold the lever down. I don't need it to time how long my toast toasts.
Success! I can feel the heat starting to come from the toaster. No big deal I can stand here and hold my toast down while it toasts.

Only wait...we have another problem.
Its hard to see in the picture - but do you notice the red hot coils on that center wall of the toaster? That is a good thing. But do you notice how the coils on the outside wall of the toaster are not red at all? That is a bad thing.
It's only cooking one side.

I will manually hold the lever down to get my toast to toast. But I will not hold the lever down, then rotate the toast and then hold the lever down again. Sorry. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Good bye super cheap toaster. Its been real.


No comments: