Assorted Snow

This post mostly consists of a few of my favorite snow pictures so far. Other than that, there is no real rhyme or reason or order to the pictures. So just enjoy. These are all from this past weekend's snow - there will probably be more (both snow and pictures) to come.



Possibly my favorite picture. The cows had walked a little path through about a 3+ft embankment of snow. But its one lane only. And here stands the bull. Behind him is a small baby cow trying to get through. But the bull will not move. He doesn't move for much.



I wish I could get a really good picture of it - but I love the undisturbed wasteland of snow in the fields and the way the wind blows ripples into it. You can sort of see that above.



The wind did some weird things around our house. This one kind of curls over like a wave.


The wind also left pretty much no snow behind our cars - but developed this intense spike/ledge thing in front of the cars.





The poor baby cows look so cold. This one has a bit of breakfast on its nose.




Again, I just love what the wind does around here. This is from Sunday morning - no plowing or shoveling has taken place yet. But on the left - there is no snow. On the right and back by the barn (that you can't really see...oops) - that's a 6+ ft snow drift. And right along the edge there, there is a cool little lip or something. Crazy


2 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Mmmmmm, so beautiful. It's been so nice looking out at the snow over the past few days. If I have to be trapped inside, I'd rather it happen when everything looks so gorgeous and magical.

aestivasomniare said...

I've discovered a fascination with how snow can hang off roofs - I've seen some houses up here that look like they have a roof extension made entirely out off snow! I know it could be potentially very dangerous, but it's amazing that the snow can hold in those positions, with nothing under them!