Life Comes at You Fast

This is not a Nationwide ad, rather, it seems the slogan has decided to prove true in our life. We sort of knew it would happen, but it doesn't make it any less overwhelming when it does happen.

I will give you the short version. Within the next 5 months these are some of the things that will (or already have happened)
  • Mon Amour will quit his old job and start a new job
  • I will return to in-office work rather than working from home
  • Mon Amour will attend the funeral of one of his childhood mentors
  • Mon Amour's 55 year old Uncle may be deployed (having been called to active duty this week)
  • We will move (off the farm and in with my parents)
  • We will leave the church we love
  • I will find a new OBGYN
  • We will buy a house (Lord willing)
  • We try and find a new church and start trying to make new friends
  • We will move again (out of my parents house and into a big city)
  • I will retire from the job I have had for 6 years
  • Mon Amour will graduate with a Master's (we may put this one off...)
  • We will have a baby

....and some time around August, we will start thinking about regaining out sanity.

I think the only significant life change that we are not attempting in the next 5 months is a change in marital status. Thank heavens that is not going anywhere. Though we are going to have to work pretty hard to find time for "us" in these next months.

Needless to say, the blogging may be a little lax for a while. My apologies in advance.
Prayers would be appreciated - we are super excited about all the fun things to come, though more than a little sad to leave behind the fun things we have had.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Take just one day at a time! And remember to breathe. And pray. You have lots of support. What great memories you have. They will never go away and they will be reminders of God's faithfulness - always.

SuperP said...

I am sad that you will (or already have) be moving out of the little farm in Kennedyville. The nice thing is, you will be in Annapolis for a small amount of time at least. =) It's a lot closer than Kennedyville. And I am there a lot. I hope all your changes go smoothly. Especially the "having a baby" one.

Eliz. K said...

definitely will be praying!