Space for Baby - 19 Weeks

At 19 weeks, my body has decided it would like to make lots of space for baby. In theory, the baby weights about 8 oz and is 6 inches long, which makes up for a very small percentage of the 16 pounds I have gained to date.


There is currently lots of space for baby.


Who knows, maybe all that extra padding is part of the reason I haven't felt him/her kick yet. I think I have felt movement. From time to time I will feel something odd...could be described as bubbles popping, or "flutters"....and I am guessing that is the baby. But I am still anxiously anticipating that first real, undeniable kick.

In other pregnancy news, I am still feeling great. Other than having a growing belly, and continuing acne, I feel very "normal" most of the time. From time to time, I feel really really bloated with gas (sorry, unpleasant, I know) to the point of being painful. But those moments are few a far between, so I really have no complaints.

Oh, and in addition to making my belly grow, all these new found growth hormones have made my nails grow like weeds! I have always been a nail biter, always tried to break the habit, never really succeeded. But, at this point, it doesn't matter, cause my bad habit can't seem to keep up their rate of growth. Its kind of fabulous. I should go buy some nail polish...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! You look great! I am so excited for you and Jacob.

Maura said...

Great belly! Time is going fast...you're almost half way!

Ashley said...

you look so cute! :)

Jason and Megan said...

I love the belly! Pregnancy has all sorts of interesting side effects...some fun and others not so much...but of course they're all so worth it in the end!

Eliz. K said...

:-) :-) :-)