Moving on

This past week Mon Amour and I entered a new phase of life - we moved out of the newly-wed-we-have-complete-sets-of-practically-brand-new-dishes phase and into the, it's-just-life-who-knows-how-many-plates-we-have-left phase.


We broke our first dish. I didn't even drop it. It just broke.

That phase of life in which you have all 8 complete sets of dinner service wear that you initially bought is very brief. And once you make the switch to the yes-i-have-broken-dishes phase there really isn't any going back. We will forever have a disproportionate amount of one dish to the other dishes in the set. Even if we buy more dishes....our counts of large plates to small plates will pretty much always be off. Such is life. Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of your life.

Speaking of phases, and thinking back to times when we started new ones and all that - today marks exactly 3 years of Mon Amour and I's relationship. Yup, Valentine's Day of 2006 we officially started dating. Its not as romantic as it sounds though - starting dating on Valentine's Day. Mon Amour wanted my dad's permission before we started dating, and it just so happened that my Dad was visiting me at college to take me to a harp-gig I had for that evening. So, Mon Amour and Dad talked - then Mon Amour and I went for a 10 minute walk in which we established that we were officially dating - then off I went to a restaurant to play romantic tunes for a 55+ community. How romantical.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha, great story. Laura and I have both broken dishes. Metaphor!