Weather.com

Weather forecasts these days are getting frighteningly accurate...or rather they THINK they are getting frighteningly accurate - really the more details they guess about, the more chance there is to be wrong.

That said, I still check weather.com for the forecast pretty much daily.

Usually it says something like "sunny" or "partly
cloud" or something simple like that.

Recently though - it had a rather out
of the ordinary forecast:





I may be the only one who finds this interesting. But I truly find this forecast amusing.
I guess it was accurate - it was not raining where we were though the radar showed rain all over the area where we live. So perhaps there were some "Showers in the vicinity". Who knows.

The best part about this forecast is that I really have no way of telling if they are right or wrong. If it was raining where I was, I would be like "how nice, they are right about the showers", if it wasn't raining where I was, I would think "Hmm....it must be showering somewhere in this 'vicinity'".

Congratulations weatherman - an excellent fall back forecast for those days when you don't know what will actually happen.



No comments: