Thanksgiving in February

It's officially a tradition. Last week, Mon Amour and I held our 2nd annual Thanksgiving in February feast. Last year we had some friends from church down for this celebration (I think there were about 12 people + kids at that one) and this year we had my family over (total 10 adults).

Everyone but Mon Amour is in the picture. Someone had to actually take the picture...

There are many reasons why we enjoy this tradition:

  1. It's an excuse to have a yummy meal
  2. What else are you going to do with that really cheap turkey you got in November that is just taking up space in your freezer?



3. February is in general a rather boring month. It is still winter...but folks are looking forward to spring, and there are no significant celebrations. So we added one.

This year there were a few extra reasons we enjoyed the celebration

4. Mon Amour and I spent Thanksgiving at his parents house - and Thanksgiving is my mom and grandmother's favorite holiday. So we needed to recreate it.

5. And, it was my grandmother's birthday the day we celebrated, and my Aunt's birthday the day before that. So we made some birthday pie (i.e. we stuck candles in it and sang the song)




It was a very lovely time. I can't wait to see what next year's Thanksgiving in February will look like.


No comments: