Shopping Success - Take 2

Perhaps one of these days I will tire of grocery shopping, and it will become a mundane task that must be done. I am told that many household maintenance things become mundane after a while (laundry has, that is for sure!)

But for now, grocery shopping is still a very exciting adventure that is both challenging (especially end-of-the-month-on-a-budget-shopping) and rewarding!

My last grocery store run for this month happened earlier this week. I had exactly $26.28 left to spend at the grocery store. I was a little sad that there was not more left, because Acme had some lovely sales this weekend. But oh well, we shall not starve; and there will always be more sales.

Armed with my $26.28, my circular, my list and my heap o' coupons, I headed to the store.

I got all this:
(plus (3) 8 oz packages of Ham Slices that didn't make it into the picture))


Retail Value: $62.12


Amount that I saved: $37.12
Amount that I paid: $25.00

Oh so satisfying.

Some highlights of the trip:

Mon Amour's Favorite: Buy one get TWO free scrapple. He loves scrapple; I never buy it cause its gross; but I can't resist a buy one get two free sale...and Mon Amour was excited. (the ham was also buy one get two free)

My Favorite: Free Gallon of milk with the purchase of 4 bags of cereal - that were more than half off, a great deal even before the free milk. Better yet, the milk should have cost me $3.60 - meaning I should have gotten $3.60 off....but the coupon said "max value $4"....so the cashier just took off $4. A bonus 40 cent savings! My milk was more than free. yay!

Amount left in grocery budget: $1.28. Success.

No comments: