Ginger Cookes

Recently I have been on a bit of a baking kick. I don't have a lot of large chunks of spare time for baking, but have discovered that for the most part, I can find time to do anything that is a high enough priority for me. For the past couple of weeks, that high priority thing with which I am filling in my spare time has been baking.

Some things have been yummy. Some have been not so yummy.

And some have been very very very yummy.

This would be one of the very very very yummy kind.

Ginger Cookies.

They are not very interesting to look at. But they are delicious. They are kind of a mix between gingerbread cookies, and ginger snaps - with the softness of gingerbread, but the flavor of ginger snaps. Amazing.

You can find the recipe here.

It does call for fresh ginger. Which I happened to have when I made these. (It was a present, I wouldn't even know where to begin buying fresh ginger). You could probably make it with non-fresh ginger...but I have not tested that theory. So I technically can't say.

Enjoy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just sitting down to post about baked good as well!

and I can't wait to try this recipe! I use baking for de-stressing or to fill spare time or to feel accomplished in some way, I suppose, and it's easy to judge this by how many varieties of baked goods that are around! (Currently we have a lot, and a combination of stress and free time :-)

Happy Sunday!

Sarah said...

Okay, I HAVE to try those...MMM!