Strange Place to Find Mice

As previously mentioned we have a serious mouse problem.

They have eaten my favorite shirt.
They have eaten some socks.
They have eaten our food.
They have eaten the dogs food.
They have eaten our aluminum foil.
They have eaten my pot holders.

As a result, dead mice turn up every where. We find them in the bedroom, living room, spare room, kitchen, in drawers, in the attic, in the pantry, in the ceiling. We thought we had seem them every where. But until recently, we were mistaken, because the other day, we found them....

....inside the light fixture in the ceiling of the bathroom. It was not a pretty sight when we cleaned it out (i.e. if you are squeamish, don't look too hard at the pictures that follow)








The one on the left makes it look like a miniature elephant. But the foot and tail on the right confirm it was a mouse.

My question is - what is comfortable or yummy about a bathroom light fixture that the mouse would hang out there? I mean I suppose it would be warm up there. But when checking my house for dead mice, the bathroom ceiling would not be top on my list of places to check.

Country mice are much more unpredictable than the city mice I am used to.

No comments: