Shopping Success

To say that I like to grocery shop would be a vast understatement. To say that I love and am addicted to grocery shopping would be more accurate.

There are so many wonderful things about grocery shopping. Not the least of which is that it is shopping (which I love) that I HAVE TO do. Its like a perpetual excuse to shop.

What I also love about it, is the satisfaction of getting good deals. Between coupon clipping, and shopping the adds - I love to see my pantry filled to the brim while staying on track with our small-ish grocery budget. I have had many a shopping trip where I left quite pleased with the deals I had found.

But none has been quite so satisfactory as my most recent trip. It was practically brilliant if I do say so myself, and as evidenced by my receipts:


Receipt Summary:

1st Trip:
Spent: $24.56
Saved: $36.30
AND because I purchased all the correct items - I got $15 off my next trip. Hence, trip #2, 5 minutes later

2nd Trip:
Spent: $4.97
Saved: $49.67

That's right - $115 worth of food. For just under $30.


Some highlights of the trip were:

Always Maxi Pads: Originally $10 a box - on sale for $5 a box - and I had 3 coupons for $3 off a box. Final cost $2 a box

Rice-a-Roni: Buy 8 boxes (at .87 cents a piece after sale and my coupons) and get $5 off a fresh meat purchase - making that large package of sale priced chicken 14 cents

Buy $30 worth of P&G products (which were all on sale) and get $15 off your next purchase. Also, I had coupons for every single P&G product that I bought, so the sale price came to $30, which earned me the $15 coupon, but after the use of my coupons - those items really only cost me like $18! Even better - I have gotten smart about these "next-purchase" coupons which expire waaaaay too fast - I break my shopping trip into 2 trips. Take round one out to the car, and come back in for round 2.

So yeah. Please excuse my enthusiasm over my own success. Mon Amour knows that after pretty much every trip to the grocery store I delightedly announce to him how much I saved. Usually I stop there...but this one needed to be blogged about. It was a great way to start off our frugal 09.

1 comment:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Wow. I am in awe of your grocery shopping prowess. But I hate grocery shopping. Mostly because I am really bad at getting deals like that.