Things I Love About My House: The Front Door

One last thought for this series, and then its probably time to move on to something new.

But, I have to say, I love my front door.


Its a legitimate FRONT door. It comes into my living room (which I do love, though I don't think it made it into the series). No longer do I have to welcome people into my laundry room (though there is another door downstairs that leads to the laundry room if I really wanted to let people in that way....). The farm house was lovely, but not meant for entertaining. We made it work, but I love that my new house actually has a guest-appropriate entrance.

A front door and a bathtub was really all I wanted in a house.
And God certainly chose to bless us with a lot more than that.

I love my new house.

2 comments:

Eliz. K said...

I'm so excited about your house for y'all! And I am so glad you've posted pictures and expounded upon them!

It's funny how "little" things can be so special-- a front door and a bathtub-- so many people would take for granted! Similarly, there are some things I love about where we are (like our cow-neighbors), and there are some things I cannot wait for... being able to paint, hang pictures, dust the piano... oh the stories we earn :-)

I'm sure owning a house is all the more special too!

Congratulations again!! :-)

Unknown said...

Truly it is a very cute house and you have been super blessed!