Grandpa's Napping Buddy

I visit my parents with some regularity. And when I do, Papillon insists on playing with Grandpa the whole time we are there.  I often feel bad cause we show up a little before lunch, which is right about when dad gets home from his 2am - 11am shift at the bakery and he is bushed.  But he wouldn't miss out on time with Papillon, so they play until she goes down for a nap. 

On this particular occasion, she was going strong and Grandpa was fading fast. I told him we could take her and she would be sad but she would survive. He said he was good and we needn't come get her unless we heard snores...


About 5 minutes later we heard snores...
And Papillon was still happy as a clam sitting in his lap watching a few cartoons. Her Christmas bib that says "Grandpa's Napping Buddy" is even truer than we thought!

No comments: