Being Domestic - Chocolate Syrup Style

We interupt our regularly scheduled blogging to announce that this recipe is fabulous.

I have no pictures. But it had to be blogged that this homemade chocolate syrup is very yummy. I made some the other day, and in a blind taste test, Mon Amour could tell a little difference between the homemade and the store bought kind, but he actually preferred the homemade kind - yay!

The perks:
It's easy to make
It's cheap
And its first ingredient is not High Fructose Corn Syrup. Which means (as Mon Amour pointed out) that "its gotta be healthier for you" (said as we both were eating more than we should have, one finger full at a time - all in the name of taste testing, of course).

There are times in my life when I feel particularly domestic. Right now, having made my own chocolate syrup, would be one of those moments. And I love it.


1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

yes! I love it too - and I totally feel super domestic after making my own yogurt now lol