First Fruits

Things are starting to bloom like crazy in the garden. Looks like we will actually get some yummy food out of it - yay!

My many tomato plants are going to town!




But I kind of expected that.



However, pessimist that I be, I did not expect this:



Its a watermelon. And its about the size of a golf ball so far.
I have never grown watermelon before, which for some reason I assumed meant that they were difficult to grow. But it turns out they are not.

There's actually a bunch of these little fellas. One slightly larger one is hiding under the sunflowers.


And a whole bunch of itsy bitsy tiny ones are just beginning to sprout. You can see the little flowers giving way to the tiny bead-sized watermelons.


Won't be long before we will actually be eating some of this stuff!

2 comments:

Beth Anne said...

awesome! and doesn't everything taste so much better when you know that you grew it? :-)

Unknown said...

I actually think I remember that if you limit the number of watermelons on the vine, the remaining ones will be bigger. They do look so very yummy!