Memories Part 5: The Reception

There is so much to remember about the reception. I completely and totally enjoyed myself. For the sake of not becoming to wordy (again) I will stick to the highlights in pictures, with just one little note.

We had been advised different ways about what to do at the reception when it came to making sure we saw all the guests. Some people said to stick together and mingle that way, and others said that dividing and conquering was the only way to get to everyone. We opted to (as in, I ordered that) we would stick together. And I am glad we made that decision. As much as I wanted to make sure I saw all of the guests (which I may or may not have actually done) I also wanted to enjoy this party we had planned with my new husband by my side. So that's what we did. Stuck together and mingled :-)

Here are some highlights.



Friends.


Family

Beverage canoe (full of ice and yummy beverages)

Lawn games.

Gelato

Cheesecake wedding cake (from Sam's Club. Which we never actually got to officially cut. We told guests to help themselves to the buffet, and someone assumed that meant the cake. Haha. Oh well, that is what I get for being frugal and getting a pre-sliced cheesecake from Sam's Club as a wedding cake)

More lawn games.

Cool little bottles of soda.


from the beverage canoe.


We didn't have any of the pomp and circumstance that many receptions have. No first dance, no cake cutting, no garter toss. Our best man did give a little speech, and I did toss a bouquet. But that was it. Other than that, lawn games and gelato were the only things on the agenda.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its simplicity was its beauty!