Caterpillar Problem

We have serious caterpillar problem.

I first noticed in when our last remaining sunflower plant looked like this:


I wasn't terribly sad. The sunflower was past its prime anyway.


But then we checked out watermelon and saw this:

They ate pretty much all the way though it. After our last watermelon failure, I was determined to get once decent watermelon out of the garden. Well, it won't be that one. We have one tiny one left. We shall see if it will survive and ripen before a frost hits.


Having eaten most of the yummy watermelon, the caterpillars have moved on to the tomatoes:

These tomatoes look like they come straight out of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Its almost cute. But mostly its just sad. *

*Note: Not all the tomatoes have been ruined. In fact I currently have more tomatoes than I know what to do with! Yay!

No comments: